Total Pageviews

Friday, September 12, 2014

State #32: Louisiana, New Orleans Marathon

I loved NOLA!! The culture, history, food, and music was unbelievable.  There is no place like it, and I hope to return someday.  I was able to extend my stay a couple of days due to the first major snowstorm that hit the Boston area.  My flight was canceled, but I was happy to stay in NOLA a little bit longer.  I explored a lot! 

I met my friend Nicole @NixieTale from Chicago and we ran part of the marathon together and had a fun time exploring the city.  I also met up with my friend Nancy from Dallas which was a lot of fun.

I talked to a few locals and one local told me that she lost everything from Hurricane Katrina. 
She said, "What God takes from you, he replaces to you twice."-Jonecka

 






Delicious beignets!

On the marathon course!


Jackson Sq.


Hurricane drink at the Carousel Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment