Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

#24: Michigan, Grand Rapids Marathon

I ran with my friend Nicole, who is also a 50 stater and we are so happy that we ran this marathon.  Don Kern is an awesome race director and he stays at the finish line until every runner comes through and gives them hugs and high fives!! The course was beautiful, it went around Lake Leota on a running/biking path.  It was would be a great course to qualify for Boston as there were no significant hills.  This is the best marathon to run in Michigan and probably one of the best marathons in the country, it's definitely one of my favorites. 

We survived another 26.2!


Always a good sign!

Out for some carbs!

Yes, there was pickle juice at mile 21 and yes I did drink that!

We are ready to run!

I loved the pickle juice!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey - I saw you on Natalie Clafton's twitter and followed the links to this blog. I'm the friend who ran his first marathon at GR this year. I started training only 75 prior because somebody told me I couldn't do it and I had to prove them wrong. Now I kind of have the bug and I am already making plans for 2 or 3 others. I am totally jealous of your list. :)

    ReplyDelete