Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 3, 2011

#18: Tennessee, St. Jude Marathon

This was my last full marathon of 2011 and a good way to finish the year.  As you all know I've started this journey to raise awareness and support for The Center for Grieving Children in Portland, Maine.  I went there after my dad suddenly passed away in 2006.  The Center was very helpful and welcoming to me and its services are free for people of all ages.

The St. Jude Marathon went through the St. Jude Children's Hospital and was very emotional/inspirational.  There were many posters, pictures of patients, and inspiring quotations along the course.  

My goal at the beginning of 2011 was to run one marathon each month.  It's hard to believe that I ran 16 full marathons and my first 50k this year.  I also ran a few 10ks, 5ks, and half marathons and of course rocked The New Balance Reach the Beach Relay twice.  It was a great year of running and I am thankful for all of the friends I have made along the way.  Thank you everyone for all of your support.  I am looking forward to all of the miles that 2012 brings and all of the new and continued friendships.  Next up is the Mississippi Blues/First Light double in Miss and Alabama.  Happy Running and Happy Holidays!!
St. Jude Children's Hospital
ELVIS!
Congratulations to Maricar on completing her 50 state challenge! It was an honor to be there with you for it!
At the expo.

Beale St.
Hal Higdon signed my bib!
Yes!!! I found a lobster!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a good time in Memphis. The weather was great, maybe a little warm as the day went on. But, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is such an awesome place. Hope you'll be back next year with us. And best of luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete