Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

#10: Vermont, Key Bank Vermont City Marathon

At the rainy start of the VT City Marathon!
The Vermont City Marathon course was beautiful despite the pouring rain, sun, and crazy humidity. 
Marathon Maniacs at VT City Marathon 2011
While running, I met Don Kern, the race director of the Grand Rapids Marathon in Michigan.  He told me he ran the Mount Desert Island Marathon its first year!  I plan on running Grand Rapids with my friend Nicole, another 50 stater.

Around mile 16, I met Kelly, a Biology graduate student from Dartmouth College.  We had a great conversation and continued running together to the finish.  She PR'd by a minute!!


The trip wouldn't have been complete without a visit to Ben & Jerry's...

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about all the people you are meeting along the way! Great job....and keep Running Strong Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut UP you met the race director of our MI one we are doing together?! THAT IS SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete