Total Pageviews

Friday, October 8, 2010

The eulogy I wrote...

Sometimes we just don't know the reasons why...I'm going to miss you Dad. My last memory with you was of us laughing in my car about nothing, simply laughing at each others' laughs to the point that we started to cry. Our relationship was very close and I will never forget laughing and crying with you on numerous occasions.  I was always comfortable and safe with you Dad, I still feel that way.  I know you are here with me right now as I write this, you are probably lingering right over my shoulder, helping me and telling me not to cry.  Just the other day I was outside and the weather was so strange, it was sunny and raining and then where I was standing the sky was dark, but I wasn’t getting rained on at all.  You are still here and I can feel you protecting me and telling me “everything will be ok”.  

The smell of your Red Sox shirts helped me sleep last night.  You were a hard-core Boston Red Sox fan.  I won’t forget going to Fenway for Opening Day this summer with you.  Trips to Fenway were always fun, you were the loudest fan, always starting the chants.  Don’t worry, I will keep that tradition going for you.  You really knew how to have a good time. I always had fun with you Dad. You always knew how to make me laugh and smile.  You are my courage and my strength everyday. My pain runs so deep that it is hard to even start putting it all into words. Without you in my life things will never be the same. 

Please always know I love you and no one can take your place; years may come and go, but your memory will never be erased. Thank you for teaching me what courage really means. You will always be my hero. May you now be at peace, with no more struggles or tough days and remember how much I admired you for the strength and love you showed me everyday. "ALL MY LOVE." I love you Daddy. XOXO, Bethy-Poo

1 comment:

  1. this is wonderful, I don't think I need to say any more.

    ReplyDelete